Himachal Pradesh Election Results: BJP`s cash-for-query ex-MP defeated
Shimla: Former BJP MP Suresh Chandel, who went into hibernation for seven years after the cash-for-query scandal in Parliament, was on Thursday defeated in the Himachal Pradesh election.
Election officials said Chandel was defeated by Bamber Thakur, a young Congress leader, from Bilaspur by 5,141 votes.
Chandel was caught in a sting operation in 2005 when he was an MP from Hamirpur in the hill state. Thakur polled 24,347 votes and Chandel 19.206.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Seven killed in Mogadishu beach restaurant attack: Official
- Hungary to build second fence on border with Serbia to keep out migrants
- Curfew in several areas of Kashmir ahead of planned march
- No ''tech traces'' of American University attack found: Pakistan to Afghanistan
- Intex unveils Cloud Tread smartphone for multi-taskers at Rs 4,999