Himachal Pradesh Election Results: BJP`s cash-for-query ex-MP defeated
Shimla: Former BJP MP Suresh Chandel, who went into hibernation for seven years after the cash-for-query scandal in Parliament, was on Thursday defeated in the Himachal Pradesh election.
Election officials said Chandel was defeated by Bamber Thakur, a young Congress leader, from Bilaspur by 5,141 votes.
Chandel was caught in a sting operation in 2005 when he was an MP from Hamirpur in the hill state. Thakur polled 24,347 votes and Chandel 19.206.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani