Himachal Pradesh Election Results: BJP`s cash-for-query ex-MP defeated
Shimla: Former BJP MP Suresh Chandel, who went into hibernation for seven years after the cash-for-query scandal in Parliament, was on Thursday defeated in the Himachal Pradesh election.
Election officials said Chandel was defeated by Bamber Thakur, a young Congress leader, from Bilaspur by 5,141 votes.
Chandel was caught in a sting operation in 2005 when he was an MP from Hamirpur in the hill state. Thakur polled 24,347 votes and Chandel 19.206.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...