Hitler tried to win WW II with army of talking dogs
London: Hitler believed that animals were almost as intelligent as humans and tried to win World War II with an army of talking dogs.
The German dictator hoped the dogs would learn to communicate with their SS masters and for this purpose a school was set up to train them to talk, read and spell in the belief they could act as concentration camp guards, freeing up more soldiers to fight.
According to a research, the star dog at the school near Hanover, Germany, was an Aire- dale terrier named, Rolf. He tapped out letters of the alphabet with his paws and was said to have speculated about religion and learnt poetry, The Sun reports.
He reportedly asked a visiting noblewoman: “Could you wag your tail?” Another mutt was said to have uttered the words “Mein Fuhrer” when asked who Hitler was - while another imitated a human voice to bark: “Hungry! Give me cakes” in German.
Other experiments saw so-called scientists test telepathic communications between humans and dogs.
The tale of Germany’s educated dogs has now been detailed by Dr Jan Bondeson, a senior lecturer at Cardiff University School of Medicine, in his book “Amazing Dogs: A Cabinet of Canine Curiosities”.
Dr Bondeson said: “It is absolutely extraordinary stuff. There were some very strange experiments going on in wartime Germany regarding dog-human communication.
“It’s a fascinating insight into a hitherto unknown facet of Nazi Germany, but there is no evidence it ever came to fruition.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state