Hitler`s Berlin bunker: Unseen pictures revealed
London: After more than six decades since the end of Adolf Hitler`s regime in a Berlin bunker, many unpublished photographs of the underground lair have been revealed to the public.
These pictures, published by mirror.co.uk, capture the incredible drama of the Second World War`s final act, when Russian shells bombed the city to rubble.
While one picture shows the command centre after it had been burned by retreating German troops and then looted by Russians, another is that of American journalists examining the bloodstained sofa where Hitler shot himself after Braun took poison.
Life magazine`s William Vandivert took these photographs.
Hitler’s voting slip to be auctioned
A voting slip with a cross by Adolf Hitler’s name is to be auctioned in the weeks after Britain goes to the polls. The slip is from the 1932 German election.
According to The Telegraph, the card also carries names of the Führer’s closest political aides, including Goring, Goebbels and Hess.
It states at the top of the card "Parliament for Freedom and Peace", and states the constituency is Hessen Nassau.
Hitler, who started as a mere candidate, went on to become a democratically elected politician of the Nazi party – ‘Nationalsozialistische Deutsche Arbeiterpartei’ as well as a Chancellor within 12 months. (ANI)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test