Hockey: Indian eves thrash Ireland 6-0, finish 3rd in tourney
New Delhi: Skipper Surender Kaur led from the front by pumping in three goals as the Indian women`s hockey team thrashed Ireland 6-0 to finish third in a four-nation tournament in Essen, Germany.
Kaur scored in the ninth, 23rd and 32nd minute yesterday.
Jasjeet Kaur Handa scored two goals in the 18th and then from a 52nd-minute penalty corner while Deepika Thakur accounted for a penalty corner goal in the 48th minute.
Both teams were awarded six penalty corners each.
India finished their engagements with one victory, a draw and a loss and had four points from their three outings.
Australia won the tournament played on a round robin format with seven points and Germany finished second with five points.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!