Hockey: Indian eves thrash Ireland 6-0, finish 3rd in tourney
New Delhi: Skipper Surender Kaur led from the front by pumping in three goals as the Indian women`s hockey team thrashed Ireland 6-0 to finish third in a four-nation tournament in Essen, Germany.
Kaur scored in the ninth, 23rd and 32nd minute yesterday.
Jasjeet Kaur Handa scored two goals in the 18th and then from a 52nd-minute penalty corner while Deepika Thakur accounted for a penalty corner goal in the 48th minute.
Both teams were awarded six penalty corners each.
India finished their engagements with one victory, a draw and a loss and had four points from their three outings.
Australia won the tournament played on a round robin format with seven points and Germany finished second with five points.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official
- PM Narendra Modi condemns attack on Kabul`s American University
- Italy earthquake kills 159 as rescuers race to find survivors
- Awwdorable: Vivek Dahiya singing 'Lag Ja Gale' to Divyanka Tripathi will melt your heart – Watch
- Here's PV Sindhu's REPLY to Telangana deputy CM who offered her a 'better coach' than Pullela Gopichand