Hockey: Indian eves thrash Ireland 6-0, finish 3rd in tourney
New Delhi: Skipper Surender Kaur led from the front by pumping in three goals as the Indian women`s hockey team thrashed Ireland 6-0 to finish third in a four-nation tournament in Essen, Germany.
Kaur scored in the ninth, 23rd and 32nd minute yesterday.
Jasjeet Kaur Handa scored two goals in the 18th and then from a 52nd-minute penalty corner while Deepika Thakur accounted for a penalty corner goal in the 48th minute.
Both teams were awarded six penalty corners each.
India finished their engagements with one victory, a draw and a loss and had four points from their three outings.
Australia won the tournament played on a round robin format with seven points and Germany finished second with five points.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok