Hockey need financial support: Dilip Tirkey
Nagpur: Former India hockey captain Dilip Tirkey today urged corporate world to support the national game saying that mere government help was not enough for the development of hockey in the country.
Tirkey was speaking at a prize distribution ceremony, organised jointly by Sports Journalists Association of Nagpur (SJAN) and Nagpur Municipal Corporation (NMC).
Tirkey’s comment came when scribes sought his comment on reports that more Bollywood actors have shown interest in buying Indian Premier League franchise.
Outstanding sportspersons of the city and best school and college were given prizes.
Priminent winners were Shashank Wankhede (Kabaddi), Khushali Jethawa (Basketball), Devdatta Fadnavis (Table Tennis), Vedhshree Bondre (Swimming) and Atmaram Pande (Organiser), M G C High School and Dhanwate National College.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore