Hockey need financial support: Dilip Tirkey
Nagpur: Former India hockey captain Dilip Tirkey today urged corporate world to support the national game saying that mere government help was not enough for the development of hockey in the country.
Tirkey was speaking at a prize distribution ceremony, organised jointly by Sports Journalists Association of Nagpur (SJAN) and Nagpur Municipal Corporation (NMC).
Tirkey’s comment came when scribes sought his comment on reports that more Bollywood actors have shown interest in buying Indian Premier League franchise.
Outstanding sportspersons of the city and best school and college were given prizes.
Priminent winners were Shashank Wankhede (Kabaddi), Khushali Jethawa (Basketball), Devdatta Fadnavis (Table Tennis), Vedhshree Bondre (Swimming) and Atmaram Pande (Organiser), M G C High School and Dhanwate National College.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal