Honda launches new model of `Aviator` scooter
Mumbai: Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India
(HMSI), the wholly-owned two-wheeler subsidiary of Japan`s
Honda Motor Company, on Wednesday launched its new `Aviator` model scooter with 15 percent increased fuel efficiency, in Mumbai.
The ex-showroom price is Rs 50,410 for its deluxe
model and Rs 45,180 for its standard model.
The scooter will be available in five different colour
variants, HMSI president and CEO Shinji Aoyama told reporters
Aviator, its first model, is HMSI`s most popular
scooter among Indian males.
The new model comes with a 110 cc engine and will
deliver a power of 8 bhp and is more economical than the
previous model due to the increased fuel efficiency, he said.
The model targets married males in the age group of
30-40 years and costs about Rs 3,000 more than the previous
one which will be discontinued after the market entry of the
new model, the top official said.
This year the company is planning to sell 12.5 lakh
two wheelers in the Indian market. Last year, the company had
sold 10.7-lakh units, HMSI General Manager, Sales & Marketing,
Naresh Kumar Rattan, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan