Honda launches new model of `Aviator` scooter
Mumbai: Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India
(HMSI), the wholly-owned two-wheeler subsidiary of Japan`s
Honda Motor Company, on Wednesday launched its new `Aviator` model scooter with 15 percent increased fuel efficiency, in Mumbai.
The ex-showroom price is Rs 50,410 for its deluxe
model and Rs 45,180 for its standard model.
The scooter will be available in five different colour
variants, HMSI president and CEO Shinji Aoyama told reporters
Aviator, its first model, is HMSI`s most popular
scooter among Indian males.
The new model comes with a 110 cc engine and will
deliver a power of 8 bhp and is more economical than the
previous model due to the increased fuel efficiency, he said.
The model targets married males in the age group of
30-40 years and costs about Rs 3,000 more than the previous
one which will be discontinued after the market entry of the
new model, the top official said.
This year the company is planning to sell 12.5 lakh
two wheelers in the Indian market. Last year, the company had
sold 10.7-lakh units, HMSI General Manager, Sales & Marketing,
Naresh Kumar Rattan, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth