Honda Q2 profits more than halve to 54 billion yen
Tokyo/New Delhi: Hit by fall in vehicle sales and currency fluctuation, Japanese car maker Honda Motor reported 56 per cent decline in its profit to 54 billion yen for the September quarter.
The entity had profits worth 123.3 billion yen in the
same period a year ago, it said in a statement on Tuesday.
The decline in the bottom line was mainly on account of
"decreased sales in automobile business and the unfavourable
impact of currency translation".
However, unlike many other auto makers worldwide, Honda
has managed to tackle the financial crisis in a better manner
especially with good sales of motorcycles. Rattled by the
turmoil, many have skid deep into the red while American
entities like General Motors and Chrysler were forced into
Honda`s second quarter net sales and other operating
revenues tumbled 27 per cent to 2.06 trillion yen.
Indicating that the worst could well be over for the auto
market, Honda has presented an upbeat outlook for the fiscal
year ending March 31, 2010. The company has more than doubled
its full-year profits forecast to 155 billion yen from 55
billion yen projected in July.
Further, the car maker nearly tripled its operating
income projection to 190 billion yen for fiscal year 2009-10
as against the earlier estimate of 70 billion yen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam