Honda`s small car to have 80% localisation
New Delhi: Japanese auto major Honda on Monday said its small car, scheduled for launch in 2011, will have around 80 per cent components made in the country.
The company also said it expects the small car to sell as many as its best selling model `City`
"Our new small car, to be launched in 2011, will have a rate of around 80 per cent in localisation of components," Honda Siel Cars India Director (Marketing) Tatsuya Natsume told reporters during the 10th Auto Expo here.
The company had unveiled the concept of the small car on
the first day of the Expo. The car will be rolled out from the
company`s plant in Greater Noida.
>"We expect the small car to be as popular as the City and
are all geared up to meet the demand once it is launched,"
The company is also looking to increase the use of local
components of its existing models in India to around the same
>"We will also increase the use of local components in our
other models as well," Natsume said.
While its City and Jazz cars have around 75 per cent
localisation of components, the Civic has 71 per cent and the
Accord 28 per cent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible