Hooch tragedy: Another key accused arrested
Ahmedabad: Another key accused in the hooch
tragedy, Rakesh Giri, who allegedly supplied methanol used in
preparation of the spurious brew that killed over 130 people,
was arrested on Thursday, police said.
"Rakesh who was absconding has been arrested from
Vadodara," a police officer investigating the hooch tragedy
related cases said.
He, however, declined to divulge other details saying the
matter was under investigation.
With Rakesh`s arrest total number of persons booked in
the case has risen to 25.
Rakesh used to work with his uncle Subhash Giri, an
illegal dealer of chemicals. Subhash was arrested yesterday,
According to police, about a month ago Rakesh had
supplied methanol to one Jayesh Thakkar on instance of his
Thakkar passed it on to main accused Vinod Chauhan alias
Dagri from Mahemdabad in Kheda district.
Chauhan used methanol to brew the spurious liquor in his
village Vanthvadi and then supplied it to Harishankar Kahar
and Dadu Charra in the city.
Kahar and Charra further distributed it to various dens
in various parts of the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender