Hooda campaigns in UP
Mathura: Hitting the campaign trail in his
neighbouring state Uttar Pradesh, Haryana Chief Minister
Bhupinder Singh Hooda on Friday said while other parties remember
people during elections, Congress is committed to the
development of farmers, dalits and minorities.
"Uttar Pradesh was considered as the crown of all the
states, however, it has slipped from its top position since it
was ruled by opposition parties, which are not bothered about
the development of the state," Hooda said addressing an
election meeting here this afternoon.
"Haryana could develop," he said, "since it has sincerely
implemented schemes like MNREGA given by the union
"The schemes of the union government were not properly
implemented in UP with the result that the state is hankering
for development. He compared the data of Haryana and UP that
reflects that while Haryana has made tremendous progress, UP
is lagging far behind".
Making a scathing attack on the BJP, Hooda said as a
devout Hindu, he worships Lord Ram while the meaning of Ram in
BJP`s dictionary is something different.
"The party remembers Ram only at the time of elections.
After the election, their Ram is Kursi Ram," he sarcastically
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem