Hooda campaigns in UP
Mathura: Hitting the campaign trail in his
neighbouring state Uttar Pradesh, Haryana Chief Minister
Bhupinder Singh Hooda on Friday said while other parties remember
people during elections, Congress is committed to the
development of farmers, dalits and minorities.
"Uttar Pradesh was considered as the crown of all the
states, however, it has slipped from its top position since it
was ruled by opposition parties, which are not bothered about
the development of the state," Hooda said addressing an
election meeting here this afternoon.
"Haryana could develop," he said, "since it has sincerely
implemented schemes like MNREGA given by the union
"The schemes of the union government were not properly
implemented in UP with the result that the state is hankering
for development. He compared the data of Haryana and UP that
reflects that while Haryana has made tremendous progress, UP
is lagging far behind".
Making a scathing attack on the BJP, Hooda said as a
devout Hindu, he worships Lord Ram while the meaning of Ram in
BJP`s dictionary is something different.
"The party remembers Ram only at the time of elections.
After the election, their Ram is Kursi Ram," he sarcastically
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials