Hooda campaigns in UP
Mathura: Hitting the campaign trail in his
neighbouring state Uttar Pradesh, Haryana Chief Minister
Bhupinder Singh Hooda on Friday said while other parties remember
people during elections, Congress is committed to the
development of farmers, dalits and minorities.
"Uttar Pradesh was considered as the crown of all the
states, however, it has slipped from its top position since it
was ruled by opposition parties, which are not bothered about
the development of the state," Hooda said addressing an
election meeting here this afternoon.
"Haryana could develop," he said, "since it has sincerely
implemented schemes like MNREGA given by the union
"The schemes of the union government were not properly
implemented in UP with the result that the state is hankering
for development. He compared the data of Haryana and UP that
reflects that while Haryana has made tremendous progress, UP
is lagging far behind".
Making a scathing attack on the BJP, Hooda said as a
devout Hindu, he worships Lord Ram while the meaning of Ram in
BJP`s dictionary is something different.
"The party remembers Ram only at the time of elections.
After the election, their Ram is Kursi Ram," he sarcastically
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!