Hooda campaigns in UP
Mathura: Hitting the campaign trail in his
neighbouring state Uttar Pradesh, Haryana Chief Minister
Bhupinder Singh Hooda on Friday said while other parties remember
people during elections, Congress is committed to the
development of farmers, dalits and minorities.
"Uttar Pradesh was considered as the crown of all the
states, however, it has slipped from its top position since it
was ruled by opposition parties, which are not bothered about
the development of the state," Hooda said addressing an
election meeting here this afternoon.
"Haryana could develop," he said, "since it has sincerely
implemented schemes like MNREGA given by the union
"The schemes of the union government were not properly
implemented in UP with the result that the state is hankering
for development. He compared the data of Haryana and UP that
reflects that while Haryana has made tremendous progress, UP
is lagging far behind".
Making a scathing attack on the BJP, Hooda said as a
devout Hindu, he worships Lord Ram while the meaning of Ram in
BJP`s dictionary is something different.
"The party remembers Ram only at the time of elections.
After the election, their Ram is Kursi Ram," he sarcastically
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?