Hooda`s copter makes emergency landing
Hisar (Haryana): A helicopter carrying Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda made an emergency landing here Wednesday due to bad weather ahead.
District administration officials said that the helicopter carrying Hooda, who was flying from New Delhi to Muktsar in Punjab, landed in this Haryana city, 300 km from state capital Chandigarh, Wednesday afternoon.
"The chief minister`s chopper made an absolutely safe landing here. It was only an emergency landing. He has left for Delhi by road now," Hisar Superintendent of Police
Navdeep Singh Virk said.
Sources in the administration said the chief minister opted to land here safely after pilots of the helicopter warned of bad weather ahead.
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy and four others were killed last week when their helicopter crashed on a hill of the Nallamalla forest range near Kurnool town in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal