Hospital confirms dengue to cyclists, coach denies
New Delhi: Officials at a local hospital confirmed that two CWG core group cyclists -- Somvir and Vinod Malik -- were admitted for dengue treatment but their coach denied it.
K Shah, PR officer of the Jessa Ram Hospital here, said both the cyclists were admitted but Mailk has been discharged after treatment.
“Yes, they had dengue. Vinod was in hospital for the last few days and he was discharged yesterday. Somvir is still in hospital, receiving treatment,” Shah said.
National coach Chayan Chouwdhury still insists that none of their players contracted dengue, which has claimed many lives in the national capital.
“There is no truth in these reports. Yes, we had admitted Somvir and Vinod to hospital but Somvir has viral fever. Vinod had only shown symptoms but he was not diagnosed with dengue.”
“In fact he has been discharged and started practice with the team in Noida today. Practice is on at Indira Gandhi Stadium also. Vinod is perfectly fine,” Chowdury claimed.
The coach though admitted that the team was without a doctor for the past few days.
“There was a medical centre for players when we were practising at Patiala but the team is without a doctor since August 17, the day they came to Delhi,” he said.
The Cycling Federation of India had selected a 28-strong team including nine women from the core group of the Commonwealth Games.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Solapur Municipal Corporation, Congress bastion, wrested by BJP