Hospital confirms dengue to cyclists, coach denies
New Delhi: Officials at a local hospital confirmed that two CWG core group cyclists -- Somvir and Vinod Malik -- were admitted for dengue treatment but their coach denied it.
K Shah, PR officer of the Jessa Ram Hospital here, said both the cyclists were admitted but Mailk has been discharged after treatment.
“Yes, they had dengue. Vinod was in hospital for the last few days and he was discharged yesterday. Somvir is still in hospital, receiving treatment,” Shah said.
National coach Chayan Chouwdhury still insists that none of their players contracted dengue, which has claimed many lives in the national capital.
“There is no truth in these reports. Yes, we had admitted Somvir and Vinod to hospital but Somvir has viral fever. Vinod had only shown symptoms but he was not diagnosed with dengue.”
“In fact he has been discharged and started practice with the team in Noida today. Practice is on at Indira Gandhi Stadium also. Vinod is perfectly fine,” Chowdury claimed.
The coach though admitted that the team was without a doctor for the past few days.
“There was a medical centre for players when we were practising at Patiala but the team is without a doctor since August 17, the day they came to Delhi,” he said.
The Cycling Federation of India had selected a 28-strong team including nine women from the core group of the Commonwealth Games.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India