Hospital confirms dengue to cyclists, coach denies
New Delhi: Officials at a local hospital confirmed that two CWG core group cyclists -- Somvir and Vinod Malik -- were admitted for dengue treatment but their coach denied it.
K Shah, PR officer of the Jessa Ram Hospital here, said both the cyclists were admitted but Mailk has been discharged after treatment.
“Yes, they had dengue. Vinod was in hospital for the last few days and he was discharged yesterday. Somvir is still in hospital, receiving treatment,” Shah said.
National coach Chayan Chouwdhury still insists that none of their players contracted dengue, which has claimed many lives in the national capital.
“There is no truth in these reports. Yes, we had admitted Somvir and Vinod to hospital but Somvir has viral fever. Vinod had only shown symptoms but he was not diagnosed with dengue.”
“In fact he has been discharged and started practice with the team in Noida today. Practice is on at Indira Gandhi Stadium also. Vinod is perfectly fine,” Chowdury claimed.
The coach though admitted that the team was without a doctor for the past few days.
“There was a medical centre for players when we were practising at Patiala but the team is without a doctor since August 17, the day they came to Delhi,” he said.
The Cycling Federation of India had selected a 28-strong team including nine women from the core group of the Commonwealth Games.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing