Houghton wasn`t aware of my trial: Steven Dias
New Delhi: According to a report, it was claimed that an Indian international was to undergo a week’s trial at the Belgian club but on the insistence of coach Bob Houghton, the club would now send their scouts over to the Catalan capital.
Players like Steven Dias, Gouramangi Singh, N.P.Pradeep, Abhishek Yadav and Subrata Paul were all linked with this story.
The Mumbai player informed Goal.com that it was the joint decision of his agent and himself to ask the Belgian scouts to come over to Barcelona where some other Indian internationals could be monitored as well.
Speaking to Goal.com, Steven Dias said, “I have arranged for this trial separately. The scouts will be watching me during the match but they might see a few other players also.
“Coach (Bob Houghton) didn’t know anything about the trial; its completely my own decision. I have arranged on my own, with the help of my agent.”
Dias also explained as to why he hadn`t informed his present club in India, Mahindra United about the same.
“I wanted to first give the trial and then inform them (Mahindra United), but they know now through the media and haven’t yet spoken to me about it.”
When asked on whether he would be permitted to make a move elsewhere, since he is under contract with the Mumbai club, the medio said that it shouldn’t be a problem.
“There is no clause in the contract that I shall be allowed to leave but if I do get through the trial I think I will get to play for them (Belgian club).
“I feel the club (Mahindra United) and coach (David Booth) will consider the move if they think about my career.”
India are to play AE Prata in a friendly game later today and Dias isn’t sure how long he will play. He believes that he shall make the most of the time he gets to be on the field and won`t be under any pressure.
“There is no pressure on me. Whatever time I get to play, I will perform and then it is up to the scouts,” he concluded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list