HSBC launches new service for Indians in Australia
Sydney: HSBC Bank Australia is setting up a dedicated team to provide global financial services to the Indian diaspora in the country, a bank official said.
The new business will offer the banking products of HSBC Australia as well as refer customer enquiries to HSBC India, The Age reported Tuesday.
"Australia has one of the fastest growing Indian communities in the world, numbering some 240,000, so this new service makes commercial sense," Graham Heunis, head of personal financial services for HSBC in Australia, was quoted as saying in a statement.
"And non-resident Indians tend to maintain strong banking affiliations with India, so there`s a real demand from the Indian community in Australia for access to Indian financial services."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory