HSBC launches new service for Indians in Australia
Sydney: HSBC Bank Australia is setting up a dedicated team to provide global financial services to the Indian diaspora in the country, a bank official said.
The new business will offer the banking products of HSBC Australia as well as refer customer enquiries to HSBC India, The Age reported Tuesday.
"Australia has one of the fastest growing Indian communities in the world, numbering some 240,000, so this new service makes commercial sense," Graham Heunis, head of personal financial services for HSBC in Australia, was quoted as saying in a statement.
"And non-resident Indians tend to maintain strong banking affiliations with India, so there`s a real demand from the Indian community in Australia for access to Indian financial services."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test