Hugh Jackman on anti-poverty mission: The Sun
Hollywood, Aug 21: `Wolverine` actor Hugh Jackman is out on a new mission now, but this one has nothing to do with mutants.
The actor has taken up a real-life mission to tackle the issue of fair trade for producers in the developing world, Hello! magazine reported.
Jackman has been out and about in Manhattan in the role of a roving reporter to film a documentary investigating fair trade practices.
The 40-year-old actor and father of two is deeply involved with anti-poverty initiatives. Through this documentary, the star is looking for an answer to questions like "how is it that a kid dies every three seconds from extreme poverty?"
The Australian actor has stunned passersby in New York City by popping into cafes and restaurants unannounced with a camera crew to ask vendors what they know about goods coming from developing countries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!