Hugh Jackman on anti-poverty mission: The Sun
Hollywood, Aug 21: `Wolverine` actor Hugh Jackman is out on a new mission now, but this one has nothing to do with mutants.
The actor has taken up a real-life mission to tackle the issue of fair trade for producers in the developing world, Hello! magazine reported.
Jackman has been out and about in Manhattan in the role of a roving reporter to film a documentary investigating fair trade practices.
The 40-year-old actor and father of two is deeply involved with anti-poverty initiatives. Through this documentary, the star is looking for an answer to questions like "how is it that a kid dies every three seconds from extreme poverty?"
The Australian actor has stunned passersby in New York City by popping into cafes and restaurants unannounced with a camera crew to ask vendors what they know about goods coming from developing countries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation