Hugh Jackman on anti-poverty mission: The Sun
Hollywood, Aug 21: `Wolverine` actor Hugh Jackman is out on a new mission now, but this one has nothing to do with mutants.
The actor has taken up a real-life mission to tackle the issue of fair trade for producers in the developing world, Hello! magazine reported.
Jackman has been out and about in Manhattan in the role of a roving reporter to film a documentary investigating fair trade practices.
The 40-year-old actor and father of two is deeply involved with anti-poverty initiatives. Through this documentary, the star is looking for an answer to questions like "how is it that a kid dies every three seconds from extreme poverty?"
The Australian actor has stunned passersby in New York City by popping into cafes and restaurants unannounced with a camera crew to ask vendors what they know about goods coming from developing countries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter