Humpy to participate in world blitz chess c`ship
World number two Grandmaster Koneru Humpy will represent India in the FIDE Women`s world blitz chess championship finals to be held in Moscow, Russia on September 17 and 18.
Vijaywada: World number two Grandmaster Koneru Humpy will represent India in the FIDE Women`s world blitz chess championship finals to be held in Moscow, Russia on September 17 and 18.
Humpy is the only player to represent India. She qualified for the finals by virtue of her world ranking.
Humpy from ONGC has represented India in two women Grand prix tournaments this year as a part of FIDE Women`s world chess championship cycle 2010-2011.
The Final Tournament will be played as a double round-robin event with a total number of 16 players, 15 rounds on the first day and 15 rounds on the second day (30 games in two days).
Time control for each player will be 3 minutes plus 2 seconds per move, starting from move one.
The other prominent players qualified for the finals are:
1. Alexadra Kostenuik (ELO 2524) , reigning women`s world champion from Russia
2. Stefanova, Antoaneta (ELO 2551), Former women`s world champion from Bulgaria
3. Kosintseva, Nadezhda (ELO 2565),Former Russian Women`s champion
4. Kosintseva, Tatiana (ELO 2573), Former European champion from Russia
5. Muzychuk, Anna (ELO 2535), reigning world junior champion from Slovenia
6. Lahno, Kateryna (ELO 2539), Former European Champion from Ukraine.