Hundreds of animals found in filth
Ocala: Authorities say they`ve taken more than 400 animals, including sheep, goats, ducks and even four endangered turtles, from a filthy central Florida home.
Marion County Sheriff`s officials investigated Friday and removed dead and living animals from the home of Ileana Verguizas and Andrew Gonzalo Perez. The animals, many covered in fleas and matted with feces, were kept in crates and pens. Cats, dogs, rabbits and parrots were also among the animals found.
Authorities said Verguizas and Perez were trying to raise quail and kept their eggs for months, hoping they would hatch. Some rotted and exploded.
No arrests have been made but authorities say an animal cruelty investigation is ongoing. Officials hope to rehabilitate all the animals for adoption.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000