Hundreds pay homage to Suresh Babu
Thiruvananthapuram: Hundreds of people, including sportspersons, politicians and friends on Sunday paid homage to Olympian and Asian Games gold medallist Suresh Babu, when his body was brought here from Ranchi where he died yesterday.
The chartered flight carrying the body reached here at 4 pm and was taken to Medical College Hospital for embalming. The body was then kept at the central stadium for about an hour for the public to pay homage.
State Sports Minister M Vijayakumar, Opposition Leader Oommen Chandy, ace athletes Shiny Wilson, Padmini Thomas, MD Valsamma and K M Beenamol were among those who paid homage to Suresh Babu at the central stadium.
The mortal remains of Suresh Babu would be cremated at the `Santhi Kavadam’ electricum crematorium with full state honours later tonight.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test