Husband, friend booked for raping woman
Phagwara (Punjab): A woman was allegedly
raped by her husband and his friend, who also took
objectionable pictures of her and threatened to put them on
While the friend Shankar had been arrested and sent
into police custody, raids were being conducted to arrest the
victim`s husband Vishal Singh and father-in-law Roop Singh,
who also allegedly tried to sexually molest the woman, police
In her complaint, the woman, a resident of Basant Bagh
here, said that she and Vishal, a mobile shop owner, had a
court marriage in October last year.
However, her husband used to forcibly have sex with
her and kept her at the house of his friend Shanker at Goraya
for a month where both of them raped her repeatedly, she
They made objectionable videos of her and threatened
to put her photographs on the Internet, she claimed. They also
threatened to harm her parents if she opened her mouth.
The woman narrated her woes to her parents yesterday,
who reported the matter to the police.
Police have booked the accused under various Sections
of IPC including 376(rape), 389 (putting person in fear of
accusation of offence,inorder to commit extortion), 506
(criminal intimidation), 496-A (husband or relative of a woman
subjecting her to cruelty), 294( obscene acts and songs) and
120-B (criminal conspiracy) of IPC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing