Hyd police arrest 8 illegal immigrants from Myanmar
Hyderabad: Eight illegal immigrants from
Myanmar, who were staying in Hyderabad for the last few years,
were arrested, a senior police officer said.
Sleuths of Commissioner`s Task Force held the Myanmarese
nationals in the age group of 18-35 from a hotel at
Bahadurpura during anti-sabotage checks in view of the coming
Ganesh festival, Task Force DCP V B Kamalasan Reddy said.
The illegal immigrants had entered India by crossing the
border near Ketiliya in Manipur without any documentation and
checking. They moved to Hyderabad and were staying here since
long, he explained.
"One Mohammed Anwar, who is also an illegal immigrant of
Myanmar and came to Hyderabad about 15 years back, encouraged
the illegal immigration and helped settle and work as daily
labourers in Kishanbagh," the police officer said.
"After ascertaining their nationality and illegal
entry into India, we are handing over them to Bahadurpura
Police for taking necessary action under Foreigners Act 1946,"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Singh Is Bliing movie review: Watch it for Akshay Kumar!
- Watch: NASA releases best images of Pluto's largest moon, Charon