Hyd police arrest 8 illegal immigrants from Myanmar
Hyderabad: Eight illegal immigrants from
Myanmar, who were staying in Hyderabad for the last few years,
were arrested, a senior police officer said.
Sleuths of Commissioner`s Task Force held the Myanmarese
nationals in the age group of 18-35 from a hotel at
Bahadurpura during anti-sabotage checks in view of the coming
Ganesh festival, Task Force DCP V B Kamalasan Reddy said.
The illegal immigrants had entered India by crossing the
border near Ketiliya in Manipur without any documentation and
checking. They moved to Hyderabad and were staying here since
long, he explained.
"One Mohammed Anwar, who is also an illegal immigrant of
Myanmar and came to Hyderabad about 15 years back, encouraged
the illegal immigration and helped settle and work as daily
labourers in Kishanbagh," the police officer said.
"After ascertaining their nationality and illegal
entry into India, we are handing over them to Bahadurpura
Police for taking necessary action under Foreigners Act 1946,"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state