Hyundai November sales up 28.46%
New Delhi: The country`s second largest car
maker Hyundai Motor India Ltd (HMIL) today reported a 28.46
per cent growth in its total sales in November at 55,265
units, its highest ever since starting operations in India 12
HMIL had sold a total of 43,020 units in the same month
Domestic sales during November jumped by 92.82 per cent
at 28,162 units against 14,605 units during the same month
last year, it said.
The company, which is the country`s largest car exporter,
however, witnessed a dip of 4.61 per cent in its overseas
shipments at 27,103 units compared with 28,414 units in
November last year.
"The overall economic scenario has been positive and this
has translated into more footfalls in showrooms and higher
automobile sales as indicated by this month’s figures," HMIL
Senior Vice-President Arvind Saxena said.
He said the company hoped that the economy will continue
on growth trajectory as it will help the Indian automotive
industry to maintain a double digit growth figure.
In its A2 segment (Santro, i10, i20 and Getz Prime) the
company sold 50,501 units, while in the A3 segment (Accent and
Verna) sales were at 4,748 units. In the A5 segment (Sonata
Transform) 15 units were sold, while the SUV Tucson sold one
unit during the month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- PM Narendra Modi's gift on Maha Shivaratari: A 112-foot face of Lord Shiva - Read details