I am not here to replace Samuel Eto`o: Ibrahimovic
Barcelona: Zlatan Ibrahimovic revealed how he had an agreement with Inter that he would only leave for Barcelona and insisted that he was not at Camp Nou to replace Samuel Eto`o.
The giants Swedish international was presented to the media and then the thousands of fans on Monday evening as he donned the Blaugrana number nine shirt for the first time.
Taking Eto`o`s number though was no indication that he was going to be a direct substitute for the Cameroonian striker, who went to Inter in the exchange deal.
"Eto`o is part of the history book of this club and he will always be a hero here," said Ibrahimovic to the massed ranks of reporters.
"I have not come to replace Eto`o – I am somebody different, somebody new, but I will try to achieve as much as Eto`o did, or even more.”
Ibrahimovic then heaped praise on Inter supremo Massimo Moratti for helping to complete what he views as a dream move to the European champions.
"Moratti helped me in every way, he did everything for me and my family," he continued.
"I said to Moratti a few months ago, `Nobody can get me, only one club can get me and that`s Barcelona`, and he told me, `If you want it like that you will get it like that`.”
"So all my respect, because it is not easy to sell a player that means so much to the team."
Now Ibrahimovic cannot wait to start training and on Tuesday morning he was able to stop by and meet his new team-mates at training before heading to hospital for an operation on his hand.
"They have so many great players; Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Henry, Touré," he beamed.
"I know the team off by heart and I can`t wait to play with them – I think playing with them will make me a better player. I`m living a dream."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor