I am the No.1 sprinter right now: Asafa Powell
London: Jamaican sprinter Asafa Powell insists that he has no reason to fear Usain Bolt as the pair prepare to do battle in the 100 metres at the World Championships in South Korea.
Powell has recorded the fastest time in the world this year, clocking 9.78 seconds - a tenth of a second quicker than anything Bolt has managed during 2011.
“I am the No.1 sprinter right now, I’ve got the fastest times this year, I would say I am the man to beat,” Powell told a leading daily.
When asked if he doesn’t get a bit fed up with Bolt overshadowing him and having to talk about him, Powell said: “No, I don’t because I’m a professional athlete and I appreciate the benefits that Usain has brought to track and field."
“He has made it more exciting and brought a lot more interest,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites