I am the No.1 sprinter right now: Asafa Powell
London: Jamaican sprinter Asafa Powell insists that he has no reason to fear Usain Bolt as the pair prepare to do battle in the 100 metres at the World Championships in South Korea.
Powell has recorded the fastest time in the world this year, clocking 9.78 seconds - a tenth of a second quicker than anything Bolt has managed during 2011.
“I am the No.1 sprinter right now, I’ve got the fastest times this year, I would say I am the man to beat,” Powell told a leading daily.
When asked if he doesn’t get a bit fed up with Bolt overshadowing him and having to talk about him, Powell said: “No, I don’t because I’m a professional athlete and I appreciate the benefits that Usain has brought to track and field."
“He has made it more exciting and brought a lot more interest,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- My mother is like Indrani Mukerjea, she likes having sex with many men: Delhi school boy
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'