I am the No.1 sprinter right now: Asafa Powell
London: Jamaican sprinter Asafa Powell insists that he has no reason to fear Usain Bolt as the pair prepare to do battle in the 100 metres at the World Championships in South Korea.
Powell has recorded the fastest time in the world this year, clocking 9.78 seconds - a tenth of a second quicker than anything Bolt has managed during 2011.
“I am the No.1 sprinter right now, I’ve got the fastest times this year, I would say I am the man to beat,” Powell told a leading daily.
When asked if he doesn’t get a bit fed up with Bolt overshadowing him and having to talk about him, Powell said: “No, I don’t because I’m a professional athlete and I appreciate the benefits that Usain has brought to track and field."
“He has made it more exciting and brought a lot more interest,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video