I am the No.1 sprinter right now: Asafa Powell
London: Jamaican sprinter Asafa Powell insists that he has no reason to fear Usain Bolt as the pair prepare to do battle in the 100 metres at the World Championships in South Korea.
Powell has recorded the fastest time in the world this year, clocking 9.78 seconds - a tenth of a second quicker than anything Bolt has managed during 2011.
“I am the No.1 sprinter right now, I’ve got the fastest times this year, I would say I am the man to beat,” Powell told a leading daily.
When asked if he doesn’t get a bit fed up with Bolt overshadowing him and having to talk about him, Powell said: “No, I don’t because I’m a professional athlete and I appreciate the benefits that Usain has brought to track and field."
“He has made it more exciting and brought a lot more interest,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend