I don`t like Manchester, says City`s Balotelli
Rome: Controversial Manchester City forward Mario Balotelli has admitted he is miserable living in England, in an interview with a TV station in his homeland.
Having scored a goal and played his part in City`s 3-0 friendly defeat of the 20-year-old Italian`s former club Inter Milan in a friendly in Dublin on Sunday, Balotelli then made the revelation to sports channel.
"I feel terrible in Manchester, I don`t like the city," said the Italian of Ghanaian origin.
"Of course everything is fine with my team-mates and the coach but the city isn`t to my taste.”
"The only thing I can do is stay at home with my family and friends."
Balotelli has had an at times difficult first year in England since making a big-money move from Inter.
He initially struggled with injuries while he was also sent off twice but he scored a hat-trick in a 4-0 defeat of Aston Villa last December and won the FA Cup in May.
Although he admitted to being unhappy in Manchester, he moved to dampen speculation that he could be heading to AC Milan.
"My home town is Brescia, not Milan. Of course Milan are a great club and one day we could talk about (a move there)," he said.
"We`ll see, for now I`m tied to Manchester but then we`ll see."
Balotelli moved to Eastlands for a reported £24-million a year ago and despite his often petulant attitude, coach Roberto Mancini, who was also the 20-year-old`s boss at Inter, has largely kept faith with him.
However, he did haul off the striker in a friendly against LA Galaxy a week ago during the first half after Balotelli wasted a one-on-one chance with the goalkeeper by trying to spin on the ball and back-heel it in.
Mancini accused him of not taking the match seriously but proved in selecting him against Inter that all was forgiven.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- India tour of West Indies 2016: It was a complete performance, says Virat Kohli after comprehensive win
- Vietnam warns South China Sea is a `test` of ASEAN
- China telecom giant Huawei first half revenue up 40%
- Iulia Vantur celebrated her birthday with this Bollywood celebrity – Pics inside
- Tour de France 2016: After third title, Chris Froome focuses on Rio Olympics 2016