I have learnt a lot from Tevez: Messi
London: Barcelona striker Lionel Messi, who has been voted the European and World Player of the Year, has said that the man he looks up to most is fellow Argentina and Manchester City striker Tevez.
“I try to be my own player but, if you are talking about English-based players, then I have learnt a lot from Carlitos,” The Daily Express quoted Messi, as saying.
“He always stays so humble and never gets annoyed when he doesn’t play. He is just one of the best people in the world. You will never meet a nicer guy and, if you see him with his daughter, it will just melt your heart, I promise you.”
“He follows her around and will do anything for her. Even when Carlitos is on the bench for Argentina he is shouting encouragement to the team – and you can learn a lot from a guy like that,” he added.
The 22-year-old further believes that that Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has been made to regret for not showing enough respect to the former United winger.
“He has proved this season he is one of the best strikers in the world and Manchester United have shown just how much they have missed him,” Messi said.
“He needed to be somewhere he was valued. He is such a nice guy, he must be with a club who really want him and respect him,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official