I have learnt a lot from Tevez: Messi
London: Barcelona striker Lionel Messi, who has been voted the European and World Player of the Year, has said that the man he looks up to most is fellow Argentina and Manchester City striker Tevez.
“I try to be my own player but, if you are talking about English-based players, then I have learnt a lot from Carlitos,” The Daily Express quoted Messi, as saying.
“He always stays so humble and never gets annoyed when he doesn’t play. He is just one of the best people in the world. You will never meet a nicer guy and, if you see him with his daughter, it will just melt your heart, I promise you.”
“He follows her around and will do anything for her. Even when Carlitos is on the bench for Argentina he is shouting encouragement to the team – and you can learn a lot from a guy like that,” he added.
The 22-year-old further believes that that Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has been made to regret for not showing enough respect to the former United winger.
“He has proved this season he is one of the best strikers in the world and Manchester United have shown just how much they have missed him,” Messi said.
“He needed to be somewhere he was valued. He is such a nice guy, he must be with a club who really want him and respect him,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown