I have nothing to prove against Inter: Ibrahimovic
Barcelona: Zlatan Ibrahimovic will not let the fans` reaction distract him from the task of scoring goals when Barcelona travel to his former club Inter Milan on Wednesday.
The Champions League Group F clash at the San Siro has an extra edge after the European champions signed Ibrahimovic and defender Maxwell from Inter and striker Samuel Eto`o went the other way.
Ibrahimovic told a news conference on Monday he was relishing the challenge of returning to his former club even if he was not quite back to full fitness after a hand injury and was still getting to know his new colleagues.
"I`ll do everything to score (on Wednesday) because I play for Barca now," the Sweden striker said.
"I don`t know what to expect from the fans but I will go there and do my best and hope we win," he added. "People know my quality and I know my quality and for me it`s an obligation to win every match I play."
Ibrahimovic was a match winner for Barca in La Liga on Saturday, scoring one goal and setting up Lionel Messi for another in a 2-0 win at Getafe.
He said he was feeling much better physically after the hand injury disrupted his pre-season training and he was glad to have played the full 90 minutes.
"Where I am (physically) I don`t know but I am improving and working hard," he said.
"I also need to get to know my new team mates better to best use my chances."
"It`s normal to have to adapt and it`s something that only comes in time. It`s important for me to play games and get my rhythm. The more games I play then the more you will see the real Zlatan."
Ibrahimovic said Inter had a much stronger squad this year.
"I would say they are among the favourites to win even the Champions League. I am sure that the Champions will come for Inter one day."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray