‘I never dreamt we could win 19 Premier League titles: Ferguson
London: Manchester United coach-cum-manager Sir Alex Ferguson has said that it is beyond his wildest dreams to be on the brink of overtaking Liverpool`s championship haul of 19 Premier League titles.
Victory over Chelsea at Old Trafford tomorrow would see Manchester United put one hand on the league title for a record 19th time.
And the groans will be just as loud on Merseyside as they will be back in West London.
Fergie once promised to ``knock Liverpool off their perch`` and now the Scotsman is within touching distance of doing just that, The Sun reports.
Yet when he took charge of United back in 1986 - when the club had seven championships to its name - he never would have thought it was even a possibility.
The Old Trafford chief said: "At that time the aim was to match them and be successful. That was the target. That``s why I came here, to win that title. But once we won it the club took off.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read