‘I never dreamt we could win 19 Premier League titles: Ferguson
London: Manchester United coach-cum-manager Sir Alex Ferguson has said that it is beyond his wildest dreams to be on the brink of overtaking Liverpool`s championship haul of 19 Premier League titles.
Victory over Chelsea at Old Trafford tomorrow would see Manchester United put one hand on the league title for a record 19th time.
And the groans will be just as loud on Merseyside as they will be back in West London.
Fergie once promised to ``knock Liverpool off their perch`` and now the Scotsman is within touching distance of doing just that, The Sun reports.
Yet when he took charge of United back in 1986 - when the club had seven championships to its name - he never would have thought it was even a possibility.
The Old Trafford chief said: "At that time the aim was to match them and be successful. That was the target. That``s why I came here, to win that title. But once we won it the club took off.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II