I owe my success to Jugraj: Rupinder Pal Singh
New Delhi: The in-form India drag-flicker Rupinder Pal Singh, who is having an impressive run at the ongoing Azlan Shah Cup Hockey tournament in Malaysia, credited Jugraj Singh, who himself was an ace drag-flicker, for his success.
Heaping praise on his coach Jugraj, Rupinder said the ex-player has worked very hard on him and he owe all his success to him.
"I did not achieve this overnight. My drag flick coach Jugraj has worked hard for that. I owe my success to him," Rupinder told reporters from Ipoh.
"He has been one of the best drag flicker in the world and taught me a lot about this skill. It is because of him only that I am able to do well against bigger teams like Australia," he added.
Rupinder has been a significant contributor to India`s fine run in the competition so far. He has scored a hat-trick against Britain, the equaliser against the world champions Australia and then continued with his top form against Malaysia as well.
The 21-year-old from Faridkot, who was a standby in the Indian team for Delhi Commonwealth Games and Guangzhou Asian Games, grabbed the opportunity in the absence of India`s regular penalty corner specialist Sandeep Singh.
"My main target is to do well in the Champion`s trophy (in December) and Olympic qualifiers (in February). This is for the first time that I have been included in starting IX and I want to make full use of this opportunity," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city