I rejected Real offer for Manchester City: Tevez
London: Former Manchester United striker Carlos Tevez revealed that he rejected an offer from Real Madrid for Manchester City.
On Tuesday, Tevez signed a five-year deal with Manchester City and said Chelsea and Liverpool were also interested in securing his services.
"Real made an offer but there was no agreement," the Argentine was quoted as saying by the Nation during Manchester City`s promotional visit to Abu Dhabi.
"There were talks about deals and agreements but in the end it was only City. They showed lots of interest in me and are intent on growing and signing big players.”
"I am sad to leave United but I am excited to join City. I`m thinking about the future and I will grow with this club," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`; likely sole shooter
- 'EgyptAir Flight 804 broke up in midair after a fire'
- Warrants issued in Turkey for arrest of 300 Presidential Guards
- Democrat Hilary Clinton picks Kaine as vice presidential running mate
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`: Police