`I shall discharge my duties till new CLP leader is elected`
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister K
Rosaiah has asserted that he would discharge his duties
effectively till the Congress high command took a decision on
appointing a successor to late Chief Minister Y S Rajasekhara
In an imprompto chat with newsmen in the Secretariat
here today, Rosaiah maintained that election of a new leader
of the Congress Legislature Party would be based on the party
high commands directive.
"I shall discharge my duties effectively till the new
CLP leader is formally elected," Rosaiah said.
A special session of the state Legislature would be
convened soon to pay homage to Rajasekhara Reddy, who was
killed in a helicopter crash on September 2, he said.
Praja Rajyam Party chief K Chiranjeevi wrote to
Governor N D Tiwari seeking a special session of the state
Legislature for paying homage to the late Chief Minister.
Meanwhile, former Home Minister K Jana Reddy whose name
was doing rounds in Congress circles for the Chief Ministers
post wrote a letter to party president Sonia Gandhi today
requesting her to appoint Rajasekhara Reddy`s son and MP Y S
Jaganmohan Reddy as the Chief Minister.
Jagan should be made the Chief Minister to strengthen
Congress party in the state, Jana Reddy pointed out after
meeting him here today.
Andhra Pradesh Congress Committee president D Srinivas,
who has been facing stiff protests within the party for
allegedly trying to block Jagans appointment as the Chief
Minister, met the Kadapa MP separately to console him.
Telugu film thespian Akkineni Nageswara Rao, his son and
actor Nagarjuna, actors Sumanth, R Narayana Murthy, Nutan
Prasad, music director Vandemataram Srinivas and others also
met Jagan and consoled the bereaved family.
Nagarjuna, a top-ranked Telugu film actor, has favoured
the appointment of Jagan as the state Chief Minister as a true
successor of Y S Rajasekhara Reddy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?