`I still have deadline for retirement`: Ratan Tata
New Delhi: Tata group supremo Ratan Tata on Tuesday said that deadline for his retirement was still intact, but before hanging his boots he would like to find a successor.
"I said that after (launching small-car) Nano, it will be a good time to step down...I still have a deadline for my retirement. I do have the responsibility to have a successor and both these things will take place," he told reporters here.
Tata, who had earlier said that the successor could be from outside India, had declared his intention to step down after the launch of world`s cheapest car `Nano`.
Nano made its commercial debut last year.
There has been speculation from time to time on who will succeed Tata at the USD 71-billion group that makes nearly everything from salt to steel to luxury cars.
Tata, who turned 72 last month, will stay in office till 2012.
The Tata group has 98 operating companies and 357,000 employees.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Know what Ranveer Singh has to say about Akshay Kumar
- A love story for Akshay Kumar in toilet? Details inside
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations