`I still have deadline for retirement`: Ratan Tata
New Delhi: Tata group supremo Ratan Tata on Tuesday said that deadline for his retirement was still intact, but before hanging his boots he would like to find a successor.
"I said that after (launching small-car) Nano, it will be a good time to step down...I still have a deadline for my retirement. I do have the responsibility to have a successor and both these things will take place," he told reporters here.
Tata, who had earlier said that the successor could be from outside India, had declared his intention to step down after the launch of world`s cheapest car `Nano`.
Nano made its commercial debut last year.
There has been speculation from time to time on who will succeed Tata at the USD 71-billion group that makes nearly everything from salt to steel to luxury cars.
Tata, who turned 72 last month, will stay in office till 2012.
The Tata group has 98 operating companies and 357,000 employees.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH