I-T raids on IPL broadcasters’ offices in Mumbai
Mumbai: I-T sleuths on Wednesday carried out raids at the offices of three companies related with the telecast rights of IPL. A team of over 50 IT sleuths raided the premises of MSM Sports, World Sports Group and Pat Magnarella Management (PMM) in Bandra, Khar and Malad suburb of north-west Mumbai at 9 AM.
The raids are related to a "facilitation fee" of USD 80 million paid by MSM (formerly Sony Entertainment Television) to WSG, a source close to the development said.
A group of more than 20 I-T officers are participating in the raid, the source said.
Faced with the allegation, WSG had yesterday claimed that it had done no wrong and would take appropriate action to uphold its reputation.
"Any allegation that WSG has used any funds received in connection with its sub-licence of these rights for inappropriate or unlawful activities is completely unfounded and without substance," World Sports Group (WSG) had said in a statement.
In 2008, WSG bagged IPL television rights for 10 years with a USD 918 million bid and a promise to spend USD 108 million on the event. It also signed a deal with MSM making Sony the official broadcaster.
However, two months before IPL-2, the deal was scrapped. It was recast with MSM agreeing to pay USD 1.63 billion for nine years.
I-T sleuths had used special technology that allows direct data transfer from any electronic storage device including computers, mobile phones and pen drives to access the data from the BCCI headquarters after reports came in that a high-tech money laundering racket was going on with its connections with South Africa, Dubai and Mauritius firms.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India