I will miss Eto’o, but we have Ibrahimovic now: Henry
Barcelona: Thierry Henry did not hesitate in confessing that he will sorely miss the presence of Samuel Eto’o in the Camp Nou dressing room after the Cameroonian made the switch to Inter to facilitate Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s arrival at Barcelona.
The French forward trained alongside ‘Ibra’ for the first time yesterday when the Swede took part in his first work-out session with the Blaugrana and he had nothing but kind words for the €66 million man.
“Sure, I will miss Samu and it’s a shame because he has been one of the best players in the history of Barca and he will always be remembered for his performances and his goals,” ‘Titi’ said in an interview.
“He was an essential player for Barca in recent seasons, firstly because he helped us a lot on the pitch with his work rate and his goals, many of them important ones such as the [Champions League] final in Rome; and secondly, because of his vitality in the dressing room which helped build the camaraderie.”
“It’s always sad when a player like him leaves, but I know that this is all part of football. It’s a decision made by the club and the coach and I respect the choice that they made.”
“I’ve already said that in football nowadays, it’s normal to see a lot of players change clubs from year to year and I can only wish him the best of luck at Inter. He will always be a great friend of mine,” he elaborated.
When asked if Ibrahimovic will have trouble adapting to the team like he did in his very first season with Barca, Henry replied, “I do not think so, because his style of play is very similar to Barcelona’s and they will go together very well.”
“I’m sure the coach [Pep Guardiola] will explain to him what to do anyway, but Zlatan is an intelligent man and undoubtedly one of the best players in the world, a talented and extraordinary striker.”
“His signing has been very special and a man with his quality and his ambition will surely help us a lot. I’ve seen him and he is very excited and very eager to start playing.”
‘El Tricampeon’ will take on Seattle Sounders on August 5 in the next friendly clash of their USA tour but Ibrahimovic will be sidelined due to a hand injury.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars