‘I will still race my heart out the way I do,’ say
London: McLaren Formula One driver Lewis Hamilton has vowed not to give up his thrilling track tactics even though he knows it could land him in more hot water.
Hamilton’s gung-ho style had got him in trouble in the last Grand Prix in Monaco.
“There is every chance I will be up before the stewards again. I have done quite a lot of overtaking in the last couple of years, more than most others. If you do a lot of overtaking manoeuvres, inevitably some of them are going to be questioned. I acknowledge that, as that’s motor racing,” a newspaper quoted Hamilton, as saying.
“I will still race my heart out the way I do, but I’ll try to be smarter and better with the manoeuvres I make. I can’t see a different way of racing, but I’ll try to take it with even more caution and avoid being called up,” he added.
Hamilton is the only driver, apart from Red Bull rival Sebastian Vettel, to have won this year, but the German’s five victories have given him a 58-point advantage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites