‘I will still race my heart out the way I do,’ say
London: McLaren Formula One driver Lewis Hamilton has vowed not to give up his thrilling track tactics even though he knows it could land him in more hot water.
Hamilton’s gung-ho style had got him in trouble in the last Grand Prix in Monaco.
“There is every chance I will be up before the stewards again. I have done quite a lot of overtaking in the last couple of years, more than most others. If you do a lot of overtaking manoeuvres, inevitably some of them are going to be questioned. I acknowledge that, as that’s motor racing,” a newspaper quoted Hamilton, as saying.
“I will still race my heart out the way I do, but I’ll try to be smarter and better with the manoeuvres I make. I can’t see a different way of racing, but I’ll try to take it with even more caution and avoid being called up,” he added.
Hamilton is the only driver, apart from Red Bull rival Sebastian Vettel, to have won this year, but the German’s five victories have given him a 58-point advantage.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference