I wish a big ‘win’ for my grandson: Sarah Obama
Kogelo: Outside her home on Tuesday, Sarah Obama, the paternal grandmother of US President Barack Obama said, "I pray for him, for God to help him.”
She was addressing an improvised press conference in her garden at the Kenyan village here.
"It is a tough race, so I have prayed for him. If this is his turn (to win again), God will let him triumph," she added in her native Dholuo language.
In the run-up to the election, Sarah Obama has mostly remained indoors under 24-hour police protection.
Kogelo, nestled in hills some 60 kilometres from Kisumu -- the main town in western Kenya -- has undergone a major facelift since Obama`s election four years ago.
The main road has been tarmacked, and residents have electricity and running water.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal