I wish a big ‘win’ for my grandson: Sarah Obama
Kogelo: Outside her home on Tuesday, Sarah Obama, the paternal grandmother of US President Barack Obama said, "I pray for him, for God to help him.”
She was addressing an improvised press conference in her garden at the Kenyan village here.
"It is a tough race, so I have prayed for him. If this is his turn (to win again), God will let him triumph," she added in her native Dholuo language.
In the run-up to the election, Sarah Obama has mostly remained indoors under 24-hour police protection.
Kogelo, nestled in hills some 60 kilometres from Kisumu -- the main town in western Kenya -- has undergone a major facelift since Obama`s election four years ago.
The main road has been tarmacked, and residents have electricity and running water.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- OROP implementation after Bihar poll, says Manohar Parrikar
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men