IAF copter hit by bullet in Doda, security increased
Drass (J&K): An IAF helicopter flying over
Doda in Jammu and Kashmir was hit by a bullet following which
high security arrangements have been made, a top Air Force
official said Sunday.
"High security and precautions are being taken while
flying in J&K," Air Officer Commanding in Chief (AOC-In-C) Air
Marshal J Chouhan said today.
Referring to the incident, Air Marshal Chouhan, however,
said that it has not been re-established that it was shot
"The hole which appeared on the tail was that of a
bullet. It was flying over Doda," Air Marshal Chouhan said after laying wreaths on the Kargil
war memorial here today.
In Doda sector, Delta and Rashtriya Rifles (RR) ensure
that area in sanitised for safe flying and necessary
precautions are taken, he said.
We fly in Gurez, Kargil Leh, Kishtwar and Doda for
civilian air support, he said, adding that AN-32 and MI-17 fly
almost regularly for civilian support during closure of roads
due to snowfall or other problems, the AOC-In-C said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?