IAF copter hit by bullet in Doda, security increased
Drass (J&K): An IAF helicopter flying over
Doda in Jammu and Kashmir was hit by a bullet following which
high security arrangements have been made, a top Air Force
official said Sunday.
"High security and precautions are being taken while
flying in J&K," Air Officer Commanding in Chief (AOC-In-C) Air
Marshal J Chouhan said today.
Referring to the incident, Air Marshal Chouhan, however,
said that it has not been re-established that it was shot
"The hole which appeared on the tail was that of a
bullet. It was flying over Doda," Air Marshal Chouhan said after laying wreaths on the Kargil
war memorial here today.
In Doda sector, Delta and Rashtriya Rifles (RR) ensure
that area in sanitised for safe flying and necessary
precautions are taken, he said.
We fly in Gurez, Kargil Leh, Kishtwar and Doda for
civilian air support, he said, adding that AN-32 and MI-17 fly
almost regularly for civilian support during closure of roads
due to snowfall or other problems, the AOC-In-C said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!