IAF copter hit by bullet in Doda, security increased
Drass (J&K): An IAF helicopter flying over
Doda in Jammu and Kashmir was hit by a bullet following which
high security arrangements have been made, a top Air Force
official said Sunday.
"High security and precautions are being taken while
flying in J&K," Air Officer Commanding in Chief (AOC-In-C) Air
Marshal J Chouhan said today.
Referring to the incident, Air Marshal Chouhan, however,
said that it has not been re-established that it was shot
"The hole which appeared on the tail was that of a
bullet. It was flying over Doda," Air Marshal Chouhan said after laying wreaths on the Kargil
war memorial here today.
In Doda sector, Delta and Rashtriya Rifles (RR) ensure
that area in sanitised for safe flying and necessary
precautions are taken, he said.
We fly in Gurez, Kargil Leh, Kishtwar and Doda for
civilian air support, he said, adding that AN-32 and MI-17 fly
almost regularly for civilian support during closure of roads
due to snowfall or other problems, the AOC-In-C said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days