IAF copter hit by bullet in Doda, security increased
Drass (J&K): An IAF helicopter flying over
Doda in Jammu and Kashmir was hit by a bullet following which
high security arrangements have been made, a top Air Force
official said Sunday.
"High security and precautions are being taken while
flying in J&K," Air Officer Commanding in Chief (AOC-In-C) Air
Marshal J Chouhan said today.
Referring to the incident, Air Marshal Chouhan, however,
said that it has not been re-established that it was shot
"The hole which appeared on the tail was that of a
bullet. It was flying over Doda," Air Marshal Chouhan said after laying wreaths on the Kargil
war memorial here today.
In Doda sector, Delta and Rashtriya Rifles (RR) ensure
that area in sanitised for safe flying and necessary
precautions are taken, he said.
We fly in Gurez, Kargil Leh, Kishtwar and Doda for
civilian air support, he said, adding that AN-32 and MI-17 fly
almost regularly for civilian support during closure of roads
due to snowfall or other problems, the AOC-In-C said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY