IBM India inks pact with Mexican multiplex
New Delhi: IBM India has signed a three-year IT services agreement with Morelia, Mexico-based multiplex operator Cinepolis.
"The deal, inked in August 2009, will involve IBM deploying, managing and supporting a scalable IT infrastructure essential for Cinepolis` India rollout plans," IBM said in a statement.
IBM`s unique "store rollout" solution will allow Cinepolis to control operating expenses as well as to swiftly develop and deploy new customer facing applications.
Cinepolis is planning to open 500 screens in India by 2016. Of this, it is looking at making 130 screens go-live in eight cities over next 3 years.
IBM`s IT solutions will power Cinepolis operations at each of these sites.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part IV
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"