IBM India inks pact with Mexican multiplex
New Delhi: IBM India has signed a three-year IT services agreement with Morelia, Mexico-based multiplex operator Cinepolis.
"The deal, inked in August 2009, will involve IBM deploying, managing and supporting a scalable IT infrastructure essential for Cinepolis` India rollout plans," IBM said in a statement.
IBM`s unique "store rollout" solution will allow Cinepolis to control operating expenses as well as to swiftly develop and deploy new customer facing applications.
Cinepolis is planning to open 500 screens in India by 2016. Of this, it is looking at making 130 screens go-live in eight cities over next 3 years.
IBM`s IT solutions will power Cinepolis operations at each of these sites.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Parliament deadlock: BJP says blame Sonia if Monsoon Session washed out, calls Congress 'confused'
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites