IBM to provide green solutions to Perfetti`s India subsidiary
New Delhi: Technology giant IBM on Monday said it has signed a multi-year IT services deal with the Indian subsidiary of Perfetti Van Melle, the world`s third largest confectionery group.
As part of the deal, IBM would design and build a 1,000
sq ft `green` data centre, provide networking infrastructure
for the centre as well as offer end-to-end facilities
management services, IBM said in a statement, without
disclosing the value of the deal.
IBM will also help PVM India achieve energy efficiency to
the tune of 17 per cent, it added.
PVM India manufactures and markets confectionery brands
like Center Fresh, Alpenliebe, Mentos and Happydent.
"We have partnered with IBM, which has set up an energy-
efficient data centre as per our organisational requirement.
Our partnership with IBM is to further explore and implement
some of their best practices and technology for mutual
benefits," PVM India CFO R Ramesh Chari said.
Through the agreement, signed earlier in the year, IBM
will manage desktops and network spanning multiple locations,
"IBM engaged with PVM India to understand their unique
business requirements and provided best-in-class solutions to
meet their aspirations of making their operations green and
"We are looking forward to a long-term and strategic
engagement," IBM India/South Asia Director (Integrated
Technology Services) Neeraj Sharma said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened