IBM wins 10-year deal with Gujarat bank
Bangalore: IT major IBM India has signed a 10-year information technology (IT) services agreement with Sardar Bhiladwala Pardi People`s Cooperative Bank in Gujarat, the company said on Monday.
"The operational expenditure in the pay-as-you-use model will enable the leading cooperative bank to save up to 50 percent in its capex (capital expenditure) on IT infrastructure," IBM said in a statement.
As part of the deal, IBM India will provide the 80-year-old bank managed continuity services comprising server management, network and security management and back-up and database management.
"This is a strategic win for us. It will enable us to focus on helping financial services clients," IBM India director for integrated technology services Neeraj Sharma said.
The company, however, did not specify the value of the deal.
The bank`s IT infrastructure requirements will be met remotely from IBM`s global management centre in Bangalore.
"The deal with IBM will help us to enhance service offerings to our diverse customers, especially farmers, small traders and artisans," bank`s chairman Ajay C. Shah said.
The deal follows IBM`s earlier pacts with banks such as Madhav Nagrik Sahakari Cooperative Bank in Rajasthan and Kurmanchal Nagar Sahkari Bank at Nainital in Uttarakhand.
The Pardi People`s Cooperative Bank was established Dec 23, 1929 to provide loans with low interest rate to farmers, small traders and artisans. The bank was recognised as a scheduled cooperative bank in 2000 by the central bank.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read