IBM wins 10-year-deal with Gujarat bank
Surat: IT major IBM India has signed a 10—year information technology (IT) services agreement with Sardar Bhiladwala Pardi People’s Cooperative Bank in Gujarat, the company said on Monday.
“The operational expenditure in the pay—as—you—use model will enable the leading cooperative bank to save up to 50 percent in its capex (capital expenditure) on IT infrastructure,” IBM said in a statement.
As part of the deal, IBM India will provide the 80-year-old bank managed continuity services comprising server management, network and security management and back—up and database management.
“This is a strategic win for us. It will enable us to focus on helping financial services clients,” IBM India director for integrated technology services Neeraj Sharma, said.
The company, however, did not specify the value of the deal.
The bank’s IT infrastructure requirements will be met remotely from IBM’s global management centre in Bangalore.
“The deal with IBM will help us to enhance service offerings to our diverse customers, especially farmers, small traders and artisans,” bank’s chairman Ajay C. Shah, said.
The deal follows IBM’s earlier pacts with banks such as Madhav Nagrik Sahakari Cooperative Bank in Rajasthan and Kurmanchal Nagar Sahkari Bank at Nainital in Uttarakhand.
The Pardi People’s Cooperative Bank was established December 23, 1929 to provide loans with low interest rate to farmers, small traders and artisans. The bank was recognised as a scheduled cooperative bank in 2000 by the central bank.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?