Ibrahimovic again hits out at `philospher` Guardiola
Stockholm :AC Milan forward Zlatan Ibrahimovic again blamed Barcelona coach Pep Guardiola`s "philosophical approach" for the breakdown of their relationship that led to his move out of the Catalan club.
"He (Guardiola) wants to be a philosopher when he talks his talk, when he expresses himself. It`s Mahatma Ghandhi talk when he`s preparing. He thinks he has created the football that exists in Barcelona," Ibrahimovic told Sweden`s TV10 after his much hyped move to Barcelona in 2009 quickly turned sour.
Despite winning the La Liga title in his first season with Barcelona, Ibrahimovic has no idea why he fell out of favour with Guardiola which prompted his move to Milan in August.
"I learned at Barcelona that football can change in 24 hours," said the Swedish international.
"I still haven`t got an answer as to what the problem was. It can`t have been the quality (of my football) because there was never a discussion about the football part.
"It was more about the personal part... If you have a problem with me, it`s up to you to solve your problem. You are the leader, you are the coach of the team.
"You can`t have a good dialogue with 20 people, and then with the 21st, you look away."
The forward also claimed that Barcelona are so good they do not need a coach.
"People say `he`s (Guardiola) won six trophies, they are the best team in the world`. I could have been trainer of that team," he added.
"With that team you should win, no doubt about it. They can play without a coach. They can have four out injured and still win, that`s how good they are. For me, they are the best team in the world, even if I play for Milan."
Ibrahimovic will face former club Inter in his first Milan derby since his return to Italy later on Sunday before flying to Sweden to captain his country in a friendly against Germany in Gothenburg on Wednesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof