Ibrahimovic Barcelona move ‘completed Monday’
Barcelona: The transfer of Swedish striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic from Inter Milan to Barcelona is expected to be completed on Monday, Nou Camp official Txiki Begiristain said on Friday.
“There is agreement in principle between Inter and player and the documents are being prepared at the moment,” he said on the Spanish club’s web TV channel.
“The only thing missing is the actual transfer document which (Barcelona’s) financial director and managing director are currently in Milan negotiating with Inter’s representatives.”
“Taking this into account, the club will do all it can to conclude the agreement quickly, and to present the player as soon as possible. It might be on Monday,” he said.
Ibrahimovic has left the club’s pre-season training camp in the United States and returned to his native Sweden.
He was the top scorer in Serie A last season and has been Inter’s best player since joining the club in 2006 when Juventus were demoted to Serie B for match-fixing.
The complex 50 million euro deal between the Italian and Spanish clubs will also see Cameroon striker Samuel Eto’o switch from Barcelona and Belarusian winger Alexander Hleb to go on a season-loan to the San Siro.
According to a Sports newspaer, Eto’o will sign a five-year deal worth between 10-10.5 million euros a year.
The 28-year-old Eto’o, who joined the Catalan side in 2004, has a year left in his contract with Barcelona but management at the Catalans have made it clear they have had enough of him.
He was the club’s top scorer in the Spanish league last season, with 30 goals.
In Milan, meanwhile, Ibrahimovic’s agent Mino Raiola said he was on his way to Spain to continue talks with the Spanish champions.
“We haven’t yet reached an agreement. Now I’m going to Barcelona and for today it’s over,” said Raiola after emerging from a meeting in Milan with Inter and Barca representatives.
“There are no problems but we’re trying to reach the best possible solution.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP