Ibrahimovic has bad technique for good player: Cruyff
Barcelona: Sweden and Barcelona striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic has "good technique for a bad player, bad technique for a good player," according to Dutch great Johan Cruyff.
"You have to get more out of the qualities you have," the former Barcelona player and coach and the club`s honorary president said in an interview in the Swedish tabloid Aftonbladet.
"You have to be effective," Cruyff added in a reference to the striker, "especially if you come to a big club from another country. The biggest and hardest steps are the mental ones."
Ibrahimovic, who is expected to lead Sweden`s attack at the World Cup in South Africa in June, joined the European champions from Inter Milan in July in a swap deal with Samuel Eto`o.
Cruyff praised Cameroon striker Eto`o for his ability to switch from attack to defence.
"That is one of the details Ibrahimovic must learn because if you lose the ball as a forward in Italy it makes no difference," said the Dutch maestro.
"But if you lose the ball as a forward at Barcelona you`re the first one to get running."
Barcelona trail Inter 3-1 going into Wednesday`s Champions League semi-final second leg at the Nou Camp.
Cruyff said he was confident his side could overturn their deficit and took a swipe at Inter coach Jose Mourinho.
"Mourinho is a good coach but I don`t like the way he coaches," he said.
"I`m a bigger fan of coaches like (Frank) Riijkaard, (Barcelona`s Pep) Guardiola -- gentlemen. I think this sport is about something more than just winning."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing