Ibramovich was ‘wrong’ to sack Ancelotti: Malouda
London: Chelsea star Florent Malouda has said his team owner Roman Ibramovich was ‘wrong’ to sack former manager Carlo Ancelotti.
Italian manager Ancelotti was sacked in May, despite taking the Blues to their first-ever double a year earlier.
Portuguese, Andre Villas-Boas succeeded Ancelotti but the France midfielder Malouda reckons his old boss should have stayed put.
“But I like the new manager and hope he sticks around. We need consistency,” Malouda was quoted, as saying by a daily.
“We won the Double and then Carlo gets fired. It wouldn`t happen to Alex Ferguson,” he added.
Malouda also hailed the 26 million pound capture of Juan Mata from Valencia saying that it will be a ‘good addition’ to the team.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next