ICC verdict on Kotla may come next week
Dhaka: International Cricket Council (ICC) vice-president Sharad Pawar today said the governing body could give its verdict on the Ferozshah Kotla pitch fiasco by next week.
Pawar refused to give his view on the issue even after ICC President David Morgan`s recent comments that the ICC does not want an important cricketing center like New Delhi being deprived of hosting the 2011 World Cup matches.
"I am not going to give any opinion on this issue. The ICC is yet to finally take a decision (on Ferozshah Kotla) and the process is on. The BCCI is expecting a response from the ICC probably next week or in two weeks," Pawar said after chairing the meeting of the World Cup Organising Committee here.
Kotla is facing the prospect of a ban after dangerous pitch conditions forced the abandonment of an India-Sri Lanka one-dayer last month in New Delhi. If the pitch is found to be "unfit" under ICC regulations, Kotla could be banned for 12 to 24 months, which prevent it from hosting any World Cup matches in 2011.
ICC Chief Executive Haroon Lorgat said the ICC has received a response from the BCCI on the matter and it will not be prudent on his part to speculate the outcome.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark