ICICI Bank Q2 net up 76% at Rs 1,144.57 cr
Mumbai: The country`s largest private sector lender, ICICI Bank, on Friday reported a 76 percent growth in consolidated net profit at Rs 1,144.57 crore during the second quarter ended September 30, 2009.
Total income declined to Rs 14,595.85 crore during the July-September quarter from Rs 15,590.46 crore in the same period a year ago, ICICI Bank said in a filing to the Bombay Stock Exchange.
Lower losses in life insurance business and higher profits in other subsidiaries were reflected in the surge in net profit of the company.
The bank has cut down heavily its operating expenses although its net interest income has come down.
The bank`s interest income declined 15 percent to Rs 6,656.94 crore during the quarter under review, and the interest expenditure stood at Rs 4,620.87 crore, down 19 percent over the year-ago period.
On a standalone basis, ICICI Bank posted a net profit of Rs 1,040.13 crore during the September quarter, a 2.56 percent increase over the year-ago period.
The bank`s standalone total income declined to Rs 8,480.73 crore during the July-September quarter of the current fiscal, from Rs 9,712 crore in the corresponding period a year ago.
Shares of ICICI Bank were trading at Rs 772.80, up 0.20 percent over previous close on the BSE.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Ravindra Jadeja gets engaged to Rajkot-based mechanical engineer Reeva Solanki
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out