ICICI Pru EPFO`s top fund manager; provides 8.77% returns
New Delhi: ICICI Prudential has retained the top position among the Employees` Provident Fund Organisation`s (EPFO) fund managers giving 8.77 percent return during the one-year period ending September 2009.
ICICI Prudential was followed by the asset management entities of
HSBC AMC, SBI AMC and Reliance Capital AMC, said a performance
analysis conducted by rating agency Crisil on behalf of EPFO.
HSBC AMC and State Bank of India earned returns of 8.74
and 8.73 percent during the one- year period on the investment of EPFO`s funds. Reliance Capital AMC provided a return of 8.65 percent.
Earlier, ICICI had also emerged as the top earner giving 8.73 percent return on EPFO funds during the nine-month period ended June 30.
The State Bank of India is at the second spot providing
8.70 percent returns to EPFO during the nine-month period
(September 2008 to June 2009).
The other two fund managers HSBC AMC and Reliance AMC
ranked third and fourth having recorded investment yields of
8.67 and 8.52 percent, respectively during the said period
of nine month.
The EPFO had appointed the four fund managers in July
2008 to manage its funds with an idea of improving returns on
its funds. A major chunk of its funds are invested in
government schemes and securities having yields of less than 8
EPFO manages PF deposits of about 4.5 crore subscribers
with a corpus of around 2.57 lakh crore. Its incremental
deposits every year is close to Rs 25,000 crore. It had also
appointed CRISIL for evaluating the performance of fund
EPFO is maintaining interest rate of 8.5 percent for depositors since 2005-06 because of low return of government securities, schemes and instruments. Before that it remained 9.5 percent for the three consecutive fiscals from 2002-03.
It gave 11 percent and 11.25 percent interest on PF deposits in 2000-01 and 2001-02, respectively. It maintained an interest rate as high as 12 percent for 10 years during 1989-90 to 1999-2000.
"Considering the bank deposit rates of various bank which
are below 7 percent for a period of one year, the performance
of the four fund managers is good. They earned returns of over
8 percent on invested EPFO funds given to them," Secretary of
Hind Mazdoor Sabha A D Nagpal said.
Nagpal, who is also member of the Central Board of
Trustees, said, "Though the returns are better than banks`
deposit rates, these should be in double digit."
"EPFO needs to do more vigilant monitoring of these fund
managers for improving returns. Besides the EPFO should take
very strict action against the under performing fund managers"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah