ICICI Prudential to make profits sooner than expected: CEO
Mumbai: ICICI Bank`s life insurance arm, ICICI Prudential has chalked out strategies for business turn around which includes introducing an array of cheaper insurance products in the market in near future, a top
The private life insurer, which posted a loss of Rs
780-crore in FY09, has devised schemes to turn its business
into profitability "sooner than expected" in the period ahead,
its Managing Director and CEO, V Vaidyanathan said.
"We expect a 30 percent growth in the fourth quarter (in
FY10). The trend is looking good... we have taken a number of
steps, which will play out soon on growth as well as
profitability...we will be profitable sooner than expected,
definitely," Vaidyanathan told reporters here.
With an expected substantial economic recovery in 2010, insurance players hope to mobilise a bigger share of the domestic savings in the country, by increasing penetration to semi-urban and rural areas.
"Soon, insurance companies will enter the profit zone and many will get listed. That`s a big shift from being unlisted, and so will be even more exciting," Vaidyanathan said.
In a bid to attract more customers, ICICI Pru has plans
to introduce new low charge and comprehensive insurance
products for emerging segments such as children, health and
pension in the near future, he said.
"Very soon we will be introducing our low charge products
in the market. We are confident that our topline will grow
from here," Vaidyanathan said.
The company is one of the largest health players amongst
life insurance companies with over 10 lakh policies, with the
firm`s health annualised premium earnings witnessing a 14 percent growth in the first half of FY10, he said.
As part of its business strategy, ICICI Prudential was
also looking at forging new partnership models in the country
in the foreseeable future in the areas of marketing and
distribution of products, Vaidyanathan said.
"Presently, we have a good distribution network with
2,000 offices across the country. But insurance is not a game
of branches but reach. We will increase our reach through the
new partnership models," he said.
The company presently uses the conventional model of
agency network through a combination of bank partners,
corporate agents, brokers and own channels," Vaidyanathan
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea