IDBI Fortis Life Insurance to break even by 2015
New Delhi: Private sector insurer IDBI Fortis Life Insurance, which started its business last year, today said it expects to break even by 2015.
"We aim to break even in the next seven years (of
operation)," IDBI Fortis Life Insurance Managing Director and
CEO G V Nageswara Rao told reporters here, launching a
guaranteed income product.
The company invested Rs 250 crore in March this year,
taking its paid up capital to Rs 450 crore. It expects to earn
profit by 2015, he said.
IDBI Fortis Life is a three-way joint venture of IDBI
Bank, Federal Bank and Fortis Insurance of Europe. In the JV,
IDBI Bank has a majority stake of 48 per cent while Federal
Bank and Fortis own 26 per cent each.
Expanding its product portfolio, the insurer introduced a
plan that would provide an additional guaranteed income to the
"Incomesurance Endowment and Money Back is designed to
give a guaranteed income to our customers for their child`s
education, planning for daughter`s marriage... ensuring
comfortable retirement income," he said.
Under the plan, a customer can get his income as a lump
sum endowment or as an annual money back. The plan provides
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah