IDBI Fortis Life Insurance to break even by 2015
New Delhi: Private sector insurer IDBI Fortis Life Insurance, which started its business last year, today said it expects to break even by 2015.
"We aim to break even in the next seven years (of
operation)," IDBI Fortis Life Insurance Managing Director and
CEO G V Nageswara Rao told reporters here, launching a
guaranteed income product.
The company invested Rs 250 crore in March this year,
taking its paid up capital to Rs 450 crore. It expects to earn
profit by 2015, he said.
IDBI Fortis Life is a three-way joint venture of IDBI
Bank, Federal Bank and Fortis Insurance of Europe. In the JV,
IDBI Bank has a majority stake of 48 per cent while Federal
Bank and Fortis own 26 per cent each.
Expanding its product portfolio, the insurer introduced a
plan that would provide an additional guaranteed income to the
"Incomesurance Endowment and Money Back is designed to
give a guaranteed income to our customers for their child`s
education, planning for daughter`s marriage... ensuring
comfortable retirement income," he said.
Under the plan, a customer can get his income as a lump
sum endowment or as an annual money back. The plan provides
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi