IFA elects 52-member governing council
Kolkata: The General body of Indian Football Association (IFA), the oldest soccer body in the country, on Tuesday elected a 52 member new governing council for 2011-12.
While last year`s president Satyabrata Ganguly will continue to be in the same position as his term has not ended, the new council would meet here on June 17 to elect the General secretary for this term, IFA secretary Utpal Ganguly said.
According to sources Utpal Ganguly is likely to be reelected as secretary.
The new GC is scheduled to meet here on June 17 to finalise the next governing council.
Asked whether more players would be allowed to play in new season, Ganguly said, "The matter is being decided by All India Football Federation (AIFF)."
AIFF`s concerned committee would meet in New Delhi on Wednesday to decide about the number of foreign players that would be allowed to play for a club, he said.
At present four foreign players including one Asian player are allowed to play for any club in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy